Flame-retardant non-woven fabric has the characteristics of moisture-proof, breathable, flexible, light weight, non-combustible, easy to decompose, low price, and recyclable. For example, polypropylene (PP material) pellets are mostly used as raw materials, which are produced by a continuous one-step method of high-temperature melting, spinning, laying, and hot-pressing.
Material characteristics of flame-retardant non-woven fabrics:
1. Light weight: Polypropylene resin is used as the main raw material for production, with a specific gravity of only 0.9, which is only three-fifths of cotton. It is fluffy and has a good hand feeling.
2. Soft: It is composed of fine fibers (2-3D) and is formed by light-point hot-melt bonding. The finished product is moderately soft and comfortable.
3. Water repellent and breathable: Polypropylene slices do not absorb water, have zero moisture content, and have good water repellency. It is composed of 100% fiber and is porous and has good air permeability. It is easy to keep the cloth dry and easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is produced with FDA food-grade raw materials, does not contain other chemical components, has stable performance, is non-toxic, non-odor, and does not irritate the skin.
5. Antibacterial and anti-chemical agents: Polypropylene is a chemically blunt substance, not moth-eaten, and can isolate the corrosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali corrosion, and the strength of the finished product will not be affected by erosion.
6. Antibacterial: The product is water-repellent, does not mold, and can isolate the bacteria and insects in the liquid from erosion, and is not moldy.
7. Good physical properties: It is made of polypropylene spun yarn directly spread into a net and thermally bonded. The product strength is better than ordinary staple fiber products, the strength is non-directional, and the vertical and horizontal strengths are similar.